Friday, May 04, 2012

Male Bellydancers

I haven't been writing here for a long time, but this week I was looking around some blogs and facebook pages and I have to say that one particular page caught my eyes. One of the bellydance community on facebook posted this album with male bellydancers and I was shocked when I saw some of the comments!!! I couldn't believe in what I was reading, some really disrespectful comments. Something like "male bellydancers are DISGUSTING!". 


To start with, I think DISGUSTING is someone that don't respect other people and their preferences! I have been dancing for 15 years and I don't need to have all these years behind my back to know that everyone is free to do and act how they feel and like...I don't agree when people say that  bellydance is for woman...bellydance is an form of art therefore is for everyone doesn't matter their gender!!! I know so many beautiful male bellydancers, here in Australia for instance, Jamil and Shiva are the most talented and amazing dancers! 


Do male dancers have to be at home, unhappy and hiding their passion because society told that men are not allowed to bellydance?????? Come on people, let's respect each other...it's fine if you don't like it, but don't come in public and make some nasty comments.


To all male bellydancers out there - keep dancing, smiling, touching people's heart! I have a big admiration for you all! 


Love and Peace
Danielle
Jamil

Shiva

Tarik Sultan


Tito Seif

Yamil from Argentina




No comments:

Post a Comment