Saturday, November 21, 2009

A story of inspiration

Last week I was surprised with this story. A story that suposed to be sad and dramatic turned to be a story of inspiration and victory! I recommend every single dancer to read it...

Thanks Tracey for sharing your story with us!




Hello to my fellow dancers.


In 2006 I won the UK National Belly Dance Competition in London held by Shafeek Ibrahim.


Just 7 months later I was knocked off my Yamaha XV535 and my left leg had to be removed below the knee as it was so badly crushed on impact.


It was absolutely devastating, but I had met the love of my life three weeks earlier and he stuck by me every step of the way.


Now I have a 15 month old son and I am returning to dance on a prosthetic limb.


I love this dance so much, at times I thought I would never manage to dance again, but I can! maybe I won't be winning any competitions, but that is not what this dance is about. To me it is a celebration of who we are and I still have so much to celebrate!


I am teaching again which I always loved so much and every week I really look forward to it, we have so much fun together. Passing on this dance gives me the greatest joy.


Soon I hope to make my debut performance in the UK at WADA's hafla on 28th November in Salisbury and my lovely fiancee will be there, as ever supporting me.


I know there are a lot of fab women out there who support each other and I would just like to say a big Hi to you and to tell you how wonderful you are. It is friends like these that give me the confidence to return to performing in public.


I have a website, Home. in case you wanted to know more about my story.


If you know of anyone who may benefit from talking to me I would be more than happy to do so.


Love


Tracey

 
If you want to know a more about Tracey you can visit her website http://www.liveyourspirit.co.uk/page5/page5.html

No comments:

Post a Comment